FAQ’s on investment proof

1. Which form is to be filed for investment proof?
Form no. 12BB has to be filed with relevant investment proof.

2. Why should the employee submit investment proof?
The employee has to file investment proof with the employer to ensure that TDS is appropriately deducted. In case the employee fails to submit the investment proof, the employer shall deduct TDS at higher rates.

3. Examples for investment proof:

   a. Tuition fees – School receipt along with signature and seal of the school

   b. HRA – Rental agreement, PAN of the landlord and address proof of the owner to substantiate the ownership of the residential property

Loss on house property –certificate from the bank, certifying the amount of interest and principal on account of loan borrowed. Date of loan and possession certificate are mandatory to avail the benefit

Written by
Leave a Reply

Learn More

© Copyrights 2020 | optymoney